You know that we here on the blog believe in purposeful weddings, based on love and respect, with more conscious choices for our planet and our community. We raised the flag and removed sustainable marriage from the list of wedding trends to elect it as a REALITY present in our lives. What does this have to do with minimalist weddings? Keep reading that you will understand.
More essence, less excesses
A minimalist wedding, first of all, follows the line “more essence, fewer excesses”. Instead of eliminating details (as the style is often interpreted), the focus of a minimalist style wedding is the bride and groom, in space and decoration that does not sin by exaggeration. Anyone who thinks this style is simple and cheap is wrong. As the elements are few and stand out, everything has to be of excellent quality and impeccable fit.
For this reason, this style of marriage is all about sustainability, they could even go hand in hand. Here are some valuable tips on how to organize a sustainable minimalist wedding.
What is a Minimalist Wedding?
The phrase that best represents the thinking of those who choose to perform a minimalist wedding is that of Einstein who says that “ simplicity is the ultimate degree of elegance ”. Decades later, following the same line of thought, Japanese guru Marie Kondo – who became a phenomenon after the launch of a series on Netflix – “preaches to analyze her things one by one, throw away everything that“ does not bring joy ”and fix thoroughly what is left ”.
Minimalism was born in several artistic movements of the 20th century, whose aim was to use a few elements as the basis of expression. The focus of minimalism is to create from the minimum, working with a few strategic pieces to achieve the goal. It is basically using the minimum to achieve the maximum.
Choosing Your Style
A minimalist wedding usually manifests itself in a few ways. Remember when we comment here, in the post on how to choose the ideal type and style of wedding, that you will find one (or two, or three) styles that have your face, and that it is okay to combine more than one? Minimalism is the same, minimalism can also be organic, industrial, rustic, modern, or romantic. And yes, minimalism can go hand in hand with sustainability.
It is important to make it clear that, although minimalism is based on reducing and rethinking, it will also only be sustainable if the necessary measures are considered for it to be ecologically responsible, socially correct, and economically fair. Therefore, if you use materials or resources that are harmful to nature, your marriage will not be sustainable. To learn how to make a sustainable wedding, read our super completion post on the subject!
14 Golden Tips for Organizing Your Wedding
- Since the theme of the wedding is sustainable minimalism, your guest list should follow the same style: less is more. Opt for a mini wedding or a micro wedding and invite only those closest to you.
- Reduce the number of printed items needed, from wedding invitations to menus and souvenir tags. Choose one or two that you want, like the invitation, and abuse the internet. Save the date digitally is more and more common, and make a wedding website to put all the pertinent information to the best day of your life as well.
- Everything that makes up the decoration has a function beyond aesthetics. It is important to make it clear that a sustainable wedding will not necessarily be minimalist and vice versa, but most people who are engaged in sustainability are also minimalist and give preference to these styles and formats of events.
- Opt for floral structures and arrangements without floral foam, using timeless and sustainable techniques. Locally grown flowers are great for bees. To know a little more about the subject and to know why floral foam is one of the great villains of nature, read our post here.
- Make your choices based on reducing and rethinking, always opting for conscious consumption, and with quality of what is really essential and has a function.
- In a ceremony, a minimalist look points the attention exactly to where the bride and groom should be. And at the reception, it allows the natural beauty and light of the place to shine.
- Minimalist weddings may or may not be more affordable. It depends on the choices of the items that will compose. Remembering that when we talk about sustainability, we talk about fair price, that is, that it is financially viable both for those who hire the service and for those who provide it.
- Choose a place with natural landscaping or with a different architecture, that has to do with your style.
- Create interesting contrasts with organic and geometric elements.
- No event is complete without proper lighting to create the desired mood .Opt for daylight or, if needed, candles, Where electric lighting is used, make sure it uses LEDs to save energy.
- When shopping for a wedding dress or suit (which can be worn or vintage), look for styles with a clean silhouette. Minimalist weddings aim to clean up the visual clutter – so stick to solid colors or soft, delicate motifs.
- Choose gastronomy suppliers that use local and / or organic and seasonal ingredients for their menu. Opting for a vegan or vegetarian menu also reduces the environmental impact. If this is too drastic for you, try to balance the menu so that it is 50% vegetarian. This helps a lot!
- The coolest and most sustainable wedding favors are those that guests can enjoy later.
- When making the wedding gift list, avoid asking for gifts that you don’t need or won’t use. Instead of asking for a lot of things typical of wedding lists, think of useful and environmentally friendly products from sustainable and local companies.
Disclaimer for My Event Boutique
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
Disclaimers for MyEventBoutique
All the information on this website – http://www.myeventboutique.com/ – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. MyEventBoutique does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (MyEventBoutique), is strictly at your own risk. MyEventBoutique will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Our Disclaimer was generated with the help of the Disclaimer Generator and the Disclaimer Generator.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.